The Achilles EXPII bone ultra-sonometer helps us making fracture risk assessment accessible, comfortable and convenient. The exam is quick and comfortable for our patients. Bone Density Achilles Express measures the ultrasound properties of the heel which, unlike the forearm or hand, is load bearing and highly trabecular. LUNAR Achilles Express indicates risk of osteoporotic.
Why Bone Densitometry Test
The higher your bone mineral content, the denser your bones are. And the denser your bones, the stronger they generally are and the less likely they are to break.
Bone density tests differ from bone scans. Bone scans require an injection beforehand and are usually used to detect fractures, cancer, infections and other abnormalities in the bone.
We recommends that you have a bone density test if:
- you are a woman age 65 or older
- you are a man age 70 or older
- you break a bone after age 50
- you are a woman of menopausal age with risk factors
- you are a postmenopausal woman under age 65 with risk factors
- you are a man age 50-69 with risk factors
If you have a query, please contact us at